Nickel-Cadmium (Ni-Cd) : SCLP, SCM – Single cells
Saft SCLP and SCM single Ni-Cd cells are designed for a wide variety of industrial stationary applications.
- switch tripping
- emergency and security systems
- DC instrumentation
- trouble-free long service life of 20 years or more
- low overall cost
- reliability, no risk of sudden death or thermal runaway
- low maintenance thanks to large electrolyte reserve
- mechanical and electrical resistance
10 Ah to 70 Ah
Examples of battery name: SCL 70 P, SCM 59
The battery is composed of modular pocket plate cells in translucent polypropylene containers.
- SCL P cells designed for long discharge periods, typically 2 hours and longer.
- SCM cells designed for medium discharge periods between 30 minutes and 3 hours
Pocket plates: the positive and negative electrodes consist of rectangular perforated steel pockets – a strong plate construction.