Nickel-Cadmium (Ni-Cd) : SRM – Emergency power for rail & mass transit
Saft SRM Ni-Cd batteries are designed to provide optimal back-up power for rail applications.
Providing a minimum of one hour emergency back-up power to support lighting and ventilation systems:
- passenger coaches
- EMUs (Electric Multiple Units)
- resistance to very harsh operating conditions: dust, humidity, and vibration
- long life: more than 15 years
- high reliability
- low maintenance: 2 years topping up interval
Integrated battery systems
SRM batteries can be used to create complete battery systems comprising:
- cells (for energy storage) together with integrated water filling system
- electrical systems: such as interface, chargers, fuses…
- mechanical systems: such as a rail mounted sliding tray for ease of integration into the train
A complete range of 9 standard rail battery systems is available.
Sintered / PBE: well-proven sintered positive electrode, a compact plastic bonded negative electrode (PBE).
Rated capacities from 25 Ah up to 440 Ah.
Various configurations available
- Containers : Steel or stainless steel or polypropylene or flame retardant plastic containers and are ideally suited to the requirements of rail transport. Stainless steel containers are designed specifically for railway rolling stock applications, providing a high resistance to chemical and physical impact.
- Crates : Steel containers are assembled in wooden crates Plastic containers are assembled in compact steel crates.
SRM batteries comply with most of the major mechanical and electrical standards, including IEC 60623, IEC 60077, NFF 64 018, NFF 16101, DIN 40771, and BS 6260.