Nickel-Cadmium (Ni-Cd) : Sunica.plus – Low maintenance batteries for RES
Saft Sunica.plus Ni-Cd batteries are purpose designed to provide the ideal energy storage solution for RES (Renewable Energy Systems) such as PV (photovoltaic) and wind power applications.
- photovoltaic energy systems
- solar & wind hybrid systems
- navigation aids, signalling , offshore and remote lighthouses, beacons and buoys
- telecommunication networks
Sunica.plus offers a number advantages beyond the limits of conventional batteries:
- operation in extreme temperatures: -20 °C to +50 °C (but can tolerate extremes of temperatures of -50 °C to +70 °C)
- long life-cycle
- charge efficiency: performs at any charge of charge
- cycling: achieves 8 000 cycles at 15% depth of discharge
- low maintenance: more than 4 years without topping-up – specifically rated for discharge times from hours to days
- 45 Ah to 1110 Ah (C120 rate)
- Example of battery name: SUN+ 476
Sunica.plus is a block battery comprising modular pocket plate cells in shock-resistant polypropylene containers welded together into blocks by heat sealing – up to 10 cell blocks. An automated integral water filling system is provided as an option.
Pocket plate: the positive and negative electrodes consist of perforated steel pockets (very strong plate).
Sunica.plus construction is designed especially for photovoltaic applications.