Nickel-Cadmium (Ni-Cd) : Uptimax New Generation – Maintenance-free solution for backup power applications
Uptimax New Generation is Saft’s latest development in Ni-Cd pocket plate battery technology. It combines maintenance-free* operation with total reliability to provide the ideal power backup solution for the oil and gas, utility and electricity industries and delivers an optimized TCO (Total Cost of Ownership).
- Substation switchgear
- Emergency and security systems
- Process control
Uptimax New Generation batteries have a new high-tech design to meet the needs of applications requiring minimal battery service costs.
- Maintenance–free* – no need to add water throughout the entire service life of the battery
- Enhanced electrical performance to optimize battery capacity and save on initial purchase costs
- Fast and simple charging with a narrow voltage window for minimal down-time and maximum availability
- No risk of the sudden death suffered by VRLA batteries
- Long operational life: even at + 40°C (+ 104°F)
- Can be stored filled with electrolyte and charged for up to 2 years
- UP1 L Energy range
- 15 to 1700 Ah
- For low rate discharges for long periods between 1 and 100 h
- UP1 M Medium power range
- 8 to 1330 Ah
- For mixed loads with varying current between 30 min and 3 h
Efficient gas recombination
The key feature of the Uptimax cell is its very efficient gas recombination, with very low gas emission, well in excess of the requirements of IEC 62259.
* The term maintenance-free means that no addition of water is necessary during the life time of the product when operating under Saft’s recommended conditions.